Corporations Act means the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
Cronos means Cronos Australia Ltd.
Cronos Group means Cronos and each of its Related Bodies Corporate.
Personal Information has the meaning given to that term in the Privacy Act.
Privacy Act means the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Privacy Officer means the privacy officer nominated by the Company.
Products means any and all of the products offered by the Cronos Group.
Related Bodies Corporate has the meaning given to that term in the Corporations Act.
Services means any and all of the services offered by the Cronos Group.
Website means www.cronosaustralia.com and includes any and all subdomains.
Any reference to “Cronos”, “we”, “us” and “our” includes a reference to Cronos Australia Limited and each of its Related Bodies Corporate.
Collecting non-Personal Information
Cronos may collect non-Personal Information on Website visits by users including, without limitation, which sections of the Website are most frequently visited, how often, and for how long. This data is always used as aggregated, non-Personal Information, and may be shared with Cronos partners to provide them with information relating to how Cronos visitors ‘use’ the Website. This is done for the purpose of providing you with the best and most efficient Services.
Cronos’ web servers may gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of
problems or support issues with our Services, and to monitor the use of our Website, including the monitoring of the location of our users.
In order to better understand our users, Cronos may utilise third party measurement companies to assess Website and mobile Website traffic. This aggregated, nonPersonal Information is collated and provided to Cronos to assist in analysing the usage of the Website.
Collecting your Personal Information
Cronos may ask you to supply Personal Information, such as your name, email address and/or phone number, for any of the following purposes:
- the provision of Products and/or Services by Cronos to you;
- the provision of products and/or services by you to Cronos;
- joining mailing lists regarding information relating to: Cronos, the provision of Products and/or Services by Cronos, and/or the industry in which Cronos operates;
- joining mailing lists to receive investor information about Cronos or the Cronos Group;
- replying to any questions you may have about Cronos, the provision of Products and/or Services by Cronos, and/or the industry in which Cronos operates; and
- such other purpose as Cronos thinks fit provided it is reasonable to collect
Personal Information in those circumstances.
Disclosing your Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information if:
- you have consented to the disclosure;
- the purpose of the disclosure is consistent with the reason we collected your Personal Information;
- the disclosure is to a vendor, service provider, and/or technician who we engage to assist us to provide Products or Services to you (but only for that purpose);
- the disclosure is to a third party that offers and/or provides products and/or services complementary to our own but only for the purpose of enhancing our Customers’ experiences by offering you complementary products and/or services;
- we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your
Personal Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- the disclosure is to a member of the Cronos Group;
- the disclosure is required by law; or
- the disclosure is otherwise permissible under the Privacy Act.
Cronos takes security seriously and cares about the integrity of your Personal
Information. We use commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and
technological methods to transmit your data securely. However, Cronos cannot
guarantee that unauthorised third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or use your Personal Information for improper purposes. In the event that any Personal Information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
International visitors and data transfers
The Website is not intended for use by residents of the European Union.
For the purposes of complying with law enforcement and national security requests, we may disclose Personal Information requests by public authorities in Australia and other jurisdictions.
Access and correction
You have the right to see the Personal Information we hold about you unless an
exception applies. If you wish to do this, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
If your contact details or other Personal Information that we hold about you changes, please let us know as soon as you can. You can do this by using the contact details below.
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact the Cronos Privacy Officer using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it. We will treat your complaint confidentially, investigate your complaint and aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved within a reasonable time (and in any event within the time required by applicable law).
Cronos Australia Ltd
PO Box 24286 Melbourne Vic 3001
If our response to your complaint does not address your concerns to your satisfaction, you have a right to refer the complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.